My Moblog

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Tweeeeeeee waaaaah!

I am a bit less angry than I was yesterday. Why? I don't know, I've had a pretty rotten day today but I don't know, maybe it was the Pepperidge Farm Chocolate Chunk Milk Macadamia Cookies that help lighten the mood. Yesterday, the man actually DENIED me from buying these cookies because "they're too expensive! Whaddaya pay 3 bucks for like 4 cookies? Put 'em back". I was like Woah the man, hold on there, you mean these 3 bucks is gonna decide whether we're having this wedding or not? So I bought them today when he wasn't looking.

As requested (or rather pleaded), today I decided to turn into Über bitch. Yes, I walked over to my all-in-one cheap ass chinese wedding store and was ready to FLAME away! But of course, the person I needed to deal with was in Boston and I was left with the nice girl who does hair and makeup whom told me "Wow, you've lost weight!" So I politely told her my schpiel and asked her to relay that to the evil people who own the place and went back home somewhat dissatisfied. There was so much I was ready to say with at least 8 fucks and fucking and at least 1 bitch-ass-muddahfuckah-money-hungry-shit interspersed in there...

After that I laid around the couch for a bit hoping I'd fall asleep and forget that I had another prior engagement...a classmate of mine begged me to come visit her so that I may evaluate her autistic child and help her deal with his aggressive behaviors. Now, normally, I would be quite willing to do this without a seconds thought but it wasn't the fact that she wanted me there for free, it wasn't that my car broke down and I had to borrow a car from a friend, and it wasn't even the fact that it's my vacation - I shouldn't be working but planning my wedding. No, it was the fact that she lived all the way out in Staten Island - nearly an hour away from me on a good day. So yes, I told her I would come today, borrowed my friend's car which was about a step up from my car (it runs) and left promptly an hour before my appointment. Of course, she wanted me to come during rush hour traffic and of course the car I have doesn't have air conditioning and started to overheat, so I'm cranking on the heater about every 10 minutes, sweltering. But I get there. I ring the bell. I wait. I ring the bell again. I wait. I think to myself "Hmmm, something just ain't right". I call and I get the answering machine. It takes time for my brain to fully absorb what was happening. Then... "Oh shit!" I call a last time to let the answering machine know that I'm leaving, ya fuckahs! and then called the man. I ramble "I don't understand" and "What the hell" repetitively and then went back in the car to go home. Only... it takes two hours to get back because Staten Island is a hell hole and didn't believe in any kind of logic when constructing their roads.

Despite it all, I came home, eventually, listened to a little Shooby Taylor, did my own little "tweee-wah" and " sidily doot-en-doot splaw" to nothing at all, and decided life was ok..........
For now.

No comments: