My Moblog

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Saying goodbye

A co-worker of mine passed away yesterday. He was sick for a while and we all knew he may not recover but it was such a long time before anything happened that I thought maybe he was doing ok. I didn't see him at the hospital but I knew he didn't want to be remembered being sick. In a way I'm glad that I abided by his wishes. I mean, I wish I told him how much he meant to me, but I remember the positive moments I had with him. He constantly told me how happy I looked all the time, how I always had a smile on my face...he was always giving me the latest articles on autism...he was always singing a song that had my name in it whenever he would pass by me... and our last conversation together, he told me he thought my decision to leave our agency was a good one and felt that I deserved to be treated better with more support in my field.

I will never forget him. He was such a good man, so positive, so sweet, and so opinionated! lol! He loved his children and his family... I will miss him so much.

No comments: