My Moblog

Saturday, August 05, 2006

The restoration of my faith in humanity, the law, and the internet...sorta

"The man" somehow always finds a way to get things done. My friend and tenent downstairs, who is now looking to move and also being ex-military is ready to kill the guy and was done and through with handling things the legal way. The man thought that there had to be some way to do something legally. So by way of internet (Hallelujah and praise the Net!), we were advised to speak to a detective at the precinct, bring pictures of the injuries she sustained and document everything. All three of us went there Thursday night, ready to go. Of course, they initially gave us a hard time. In fact, we found out that night, that a harrassment charge wasn't even charged, that they arrested the guy because of his attempt to strike an officer and in the police report, it stated that he just had an argument with a local neighbor. SO THERE WAS ACTUALLY NOTHING!! At this point my friend had given up and upped her normal grumbly miserable attitude by a 100% and the man and I began arguing with the officer. The officer kept insisting that we speak to the original arresting officer (which we did to no avail) and we kept persisting. Finally, she took our information to the Sergeant and they took our complaint case, placed as an assault charge and a detective called my friend within a day. At this point they said they would arrest him again and charge him if there was a case and that if he came near her again, she could call the police and have arrested because she would have a temporary order of protection.

Yeah, so, I still see the guy practically every day - but he faces his back towards our direction and he rarely seems to stay out long anymore especially when the man comes home from work. And yes, my friend is still leaving despite having live with me for 4 years with really no problems. But part of me feels somewhat vindicated to an extent, let this guy have some fear. And trust me, with the help of the internet, life could get pretty bad for this guy....

No comments: